Together, we will support your future.
Your first step toward a career in health care starts with us. We’re introducing a partnership with Norton Healthcare and Trilogy Health Services, offering unique career pathways for high school students.
How Do I Get Started?
Students participating in a high school health sciences academy can explore health care careers at Norton Healthcare and Trilogy Health Services.
How Does the Program Work?
Norton Healthcare-Trilogy Health Services Health Care Career Tracks students follow this timeline:
- Freshmen: Interested students apply to their school’s health sciences academy.
- Sophomores: Symposiums, job shadowing, career coaching and industry-led classroom projects are available.
- Juniors: Students ages 17 and up can participate in career coaching, volunteer opportunities, job shadowing and intern programs.
- Seniors: Students can earn a CNA or other credential at Norton Healthcare or Trilogy Health Services.
What Career Tracks are Available Upon Graduation?
The following career tracks are offered through Norton Healthcare-Trilogy Health Services Health Care Career Tracks:
- Nursing assistant: Provides physical support to assist patients with activities for daily living. The nursing assistant supports the nurse and works collaboratively with all other members of the health care team.
- Medical assistant: Supports the work of physicians and other health care professionals in a primary care or clinic setting.
- Licensed practical nurse: Takes care of a patient’s health care needs as an assistant to the physician or registered nurse in health care settings such as hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, long-term care facilities and rehabilitation centers.
- Registered nurse: Provides direct patient care with daily activities varying based on the needs of the patient’s health care team and the patient population.
- Allied health: Delivers health or related services pertaining to the identification, evaluation and prevention of diseases and disorders. These careers include respiratory therapy, surgical technology, diagnostic imaging, laboratory, pharmacy technician, social work and rehabilitation.
What Happens After I Graduate?
After you graduate from high school, enroll at one of our higher education partners to continue your health care education and experience. You can explore careers with Norton Healthcare and Trilogy Health Services.
Daksha P. Mehta, M.D., has been providing rheumatology care in Elizabethtown, Kentucky, for more than two decades
Daksha P. Mehta, M.D., is a board-certified rheumatologist in Elizabethtown, Kentucky, where she has served the community for over two decades. Dr. Mehta treats auto immune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and […]